The Explorer’s Tour: Gold, Wine & Wildlife
A journey to the outback wilderness and world heritage parks of NSW
THE EXPLORERS’ TOUR OF DISCOVERY – GOLD, WINE & WILDLIFE
5 days / 4 nights
A journey through the outback wilderness, world heritage areas and the gold-field of NSW. Over 5 days and 4 nights we will be exploring an array of landscapes, discover historic and heritage protected towns, see an abundance of wildlife, enjoy rejuvenating bush-walks and other optional outdoor activities, and indulge in good food and wines from the Mudgee area.
International visitors or Sydney locals alike: this tour will open your eyes. Money-back guarantee!
If you have only 3 days to spare, yet want to tick the best holiday destinations and experiences in NSW of your bucket list, then our personalised Grand Circuit Tour (3 days and 2 nights) is perfect for you.
Departs from, and returns to your city hotel.
Start: ca. 7.30 AM
5 days/ 4 nights
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfortable clothing, sun protection, rain or wind jacket (just in case)
I have been humbled at Uluru and Kata Tjuta, escaped the crocodiles of Kakadu NP, snorkelled the crystal clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef, swam with sharks in the Great Blight, feaster on oysters in Kangaroo Island, skied the slopes of Mount Kosciuszko and surfed the dunes of Fraser Island. But there is nothing that I enjoy me more than the nature and people of NSW west of the Divide..”
Jelle Marechal, Dingo Tours Guide
- Hawkesbury River area & Bilpin: morning coffee & apple pie
- The basalt formations at Grose Valley – Blue Mountains National Park.
- The magnificent Hartley Vale Valley with a good chance to spot eastern rosella’s, more kangaroos, an emu or a wedge-tailed eagle.
- The rugged Wollemi wilderness & undeveloped Wolgan Valley.
- Blackfellows Hand Cave – hidden site of Aboriginal rock-stencil prints
- Th historic village of Newnes
- Circuit walk to the spectacular Glow Worm Tunnel – rainforest and old railway tracks
- Rich birdlife – wombats, goannas and wallabies
- Communal dinner-under-the-stars around the piping hot, outdoor stone pizza oven of the historic Newnes Hotel & Museum
- Glorious exposed cliff escarpments, volcanic plugs and lush rolling grazing lands of the Capertee Valley
- Bird watchers paradise: Painted Honeyeater, the Wonga Pigeon, Diamond Firetail, Turquoise Parrot, Plum-headed Finch and Superb Lyrebirds
- The Ghost town of Glen Davis with it’s abandoned mine shafts and oil-shale ovens
- Glen Alice Road
- The heritage protected Rylstone
- Idyllic Dunns Swamp. in the northwest the Wollemi NP
- The Pagoda Walk with breathtaking views over Cudgegong River
- (Free) option to kayak option up to Kandos Weir
- Platypus Point, long neck turtles, wombats, goannas, wallabies and – platypus
- Dinner served at our hotel in historic Rylstone.
- Wine tasting in the Mudgee region
- Exploring the picturesque gold rush town Gulgong.
- Pioneer Museum and the Henry Lawson Centre
- Wine tasting
- Sandstone buildings, beautiful plane trees and quaint shops
- Dinner at the award winning Globe Hotel.
The Globe Hotel
- Exploring ands sight-seeing through the old gold-fields, the Central Tablelands and the Great Dividing Ranges.
- Gold ghost-town of Sofala & the Old Sofala Gaol
- Hill End – preserved historic gold town
- One hour Imperial tour of the Jenolan Caves in the Blue Mountains
A brisk morning walk to spot a platypus, a brush-tailed rock-wallaby or a wombat.
Off-road drive to the remote Kanangra Plateau, part of the 5% remaining true wilderness in NSW.
Spot herds of eastern grey kangaroos and plenty of pretty-faced & swamp wallabies (true name) on the way.
The 2 hour walk on Kanangra Plateau. offering spectaculair views over large parts of the Greater Blue Mountains Worlds Heritage Area.
The views & ultimate photo opportunities at Kanangra Wall and the blue eucalyptus forest of Kanangra Deep. If ever you wondered were the name “Blue Mountains” comes from – this is it!
Lunch in the old postoffice of the quaint explorers’ hamlet of Hartley, with a visit to the local Aboriginal gallery.
Spectacular views of the Grose Valley from Pulpit Rock
The Jamison Valley with it’s Wentworth Falls and the Three Sisters
Return to Sydney at ca 5 PM