Highlights of Sydney – Half Day City Tour
For a perfect kick-start of your Australian holiday!
Our guided city-tour of Sydney is just perfect to kick-start or end your Australian holiday. Because you will see all the city hot spots and tourist icons: Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera, Mrs Macquarie’s Chair, Woolloomooloo, Harry Cafe de Wheels, Rushcutters Bay, Point Piper, Rose Bay, Vaucluse, Shark Beach, The Gap, Bondi Beach, Paddington, Darlinghurst, China Town and Darling Harbour.
Along the way, your expert guide will give you all the information you need to know as a first-time visitor: Where are the best beaches in town? Or the best walks, the best restaurants or the most atmospheric Australian pubs.
If you have enough time, you might find out for yourself. Sydney can also be visited on your own and most of the sights can be seen in a few days. Many attractions – the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge and The Rocks – are only a stone’s throw away from each other. The street network is relatively clear, and even if you get lost, there’s always a friendly Sydney-sider nearby to help you out. But what if your time is limited or you want to learn about the city’s history or everyday life? What if you don’t want to walk for 10 hours or can’t get used to left-hand traffic in a city of millions without parking spaces? Then Dingo Tours is your best bet. Our passionate guides have been showing people around for many years and know the city like no other.
Indeed, this guided city-tour of Sydney tour will leave you with so many ideas and plans that you’ll likely decide to extend your stay in the world’s most beautiful city!
Departs from, and returns to your city hotel.
Morning tour: from ca. 8 AM to 12 PM Afternoon tour: from ca. 1 PM to 5 PM.
WHAT TO WEAR
Comfortable clothing, sun protection, rain or wind jacket (just in case)
“Sydney is such a vibrant and diverse city that spontaneous diversions of our standard itineraries are always possible, with surprises around every corner. That’s why every city tour is different, and that’s way I just love show off my town to visitors!”
Jelle Marechal, Dingo Tours Guide
- Kick-start your Aussie holiday with a perfect half day introduction to Sydney and Australia
- Get a real taste of contemporary Sydney life on and beyond its beaches, shopping and dining precincts and local parks.
- Gain an insight into Sydney’s fascinating past and challenging present.
- Visit Sydney highlights such as Paddy’s Markets, The Rocks, Ms Macquarie Chair, the harbour side suburbs, Watsons Bay, the Eastern beaches, parks, beaches and gardens.
Highlights of Sydney with Harbour Lunch Cruise
If you want to enjoy the beautiful city from its iconic harbour, you can book one of the following Sydney Harbour Lunch Cruises as an add-on to our city tour. Included is a delicious and sumptuous lunch, coffee and bucketloads of photogenic views.
All Harbour Cruises are combined with our 4 -hour City Tour and start and end in the city. On request, Sydney will be happy to provide a German-speaking guide and transfer to your hotel:
- Captain’s Cook Top Deck Lunch Cruise. Three-hour cruise with 3-course à la carte menu on the top deck with 360° harbour views. Three ship decks and the sun-drenched top deck offer plenty of space for everyone. Price per person: $ 109
- The lunch cruise on the Magistic Lunch Cruises catamaran with buffet. It lasts two hours and takes you to the most beautiful spots of Sydney’s “middle harbour” between Darling Harbour and Rose Bay. Price per person: $89.
- If you like it a bit more exclusive and prefer to travel in a small group, the Sydney Harbour Boat Tours cruise is a good choice. The 4-hour cruise includes lunch at a shore-based restaurant (including a beer or wine), a short walk across the Pacific cliffs, a stop at a secluded beach and a visit to the quarantine station and museum. Sydney Harbour Boat Tours can also be booked as a private charter. Price per person: $279
William K, Hawaii
Keith, North Yorkshire
Make a full day of it
During the booking process of our half-day tour Highlights of Sydney, you have the option to book a half-day tour to Kuring-gai-Chase NP and the Northern Beaches. Both tours are highly recommended and can also be combined to a full day tour.
Palm Beach & Northern Beaches
From Palm Beach (Sydney’s northernmost beach and favourite haunt of the rich and famous), this tour takes you past sun-drenched beaches, breathtaking viewpoints and dramatic rock formations for stops or a dip in the ocean.
Ku-ring-gai Chase NP
To shake of the dust of the Big Smoke, you can’t beat a trip to the winding creeks, beaches, rainforest and eucalyptus trees, rocky cliffs and mangroves of Australia’s second oldest national park, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in Sydney’s north.